Behind every Soldier is a woman who stands beside him, supports him, and loves him with all her heart. <3



Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 3- T-Shirt bracelet

Very trendy and very affordable! I got this blog from http://www.lilblueboo.com/


I’ve got a LOT of scraps. So I’m always trying to come up with a way to use them. I made a few fabric bangles. For the larger bangles, I used Vanessa’s (from V&Co) tutorial (which you can find here). I used a bunch of different weight knits for a “wonky” effect. The braided bangle I made with the steps outlined below.
Photobucket
I used spandex knit leftovers that would curl and cut three long pieces:
Photobucket
Since I didn’t have a clipboard (like we used in high school to make friendship bracelets), I attached the three pieces to my shoe using a safety pin. Then I braided all three together:
Photobucket
I created a loop large enough for wrist to fit into (the spandex will stretch) and sewed the two pieces together making sure to sew through each strand. Then I cut off the excess.
Photobucket
Lastly I took a contrasting piece of knit and tied it around to hide the stitching.
Photobucket
Mix-matched upcycled / recycled t-shirt bangles!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment